Friday, August 3, 2007

When you know nothing

It was my first few days in chicago. I came to this country in the December colds. Snow Snow everywhere. It had snowed almost 14 inches. The layers below had iced up on the pavements. Most of the roads were clear. Hubby had bought his new car and was a new driver too. With all enthusiasm, we wanted to go around. We were driving, after a short distance i just felt everything around me was turning round. It was the matter of a few seconds. The car stopped and i had a great time. We were traveling thru a less frequented route. I had little idea that the car skid on the icy road and took a 720 degree turn. Hubby was scared. Luckily there was no traffic on either sides and we were exactly at an intersection. Then i realised that when you know nothing, you really don't realise the seriousness of the issue. But the next couple of winters, when I had to drive to work, my imagination haunted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to comment