Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kids and my late night calls

Everyday and i say most days, we have night calls which i would need to dial into. When i joined this company a few years ago it started with 2 days a week for 1 hour 10.30-11.30. Based on day light savings, times used to vary. Then we started having status calls daily for half an hour. Now it has come to a mode where we have atleast 1-2 calls every night ranging from 1-1.5 hours. Ofcourse we do get breaks during India holiday or US holiday and some other days. So this is how the kids react  to the whole thing:

I enter home in the evening say 6pm, take a quick wash

Tiny: Amma, any call tonight?
Me: Yes Baby
Little : How many? 1..2..
Tiny : When, what time does it start???
Me: 8.30..
Little: But i need my story ok...
Tiny: No amma cheating, tell your manager you are not going to call

Little : Do only one call amma..and then tell me story...
Tiny : No,,,Amma sleeps with me today

Then the fight starts...After all their day schedules and dinner, even before i dial in, Tiny is off to her bunk bed and fast asleep..Little waits for me to end my calls and gets to hear a story and we sleep before the dad walks in. So the dad who wants to collapse for the night does so on Little's bunk bed right below Tiny...

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of my times 2 years ago. Exact situation. Exact questions.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to comment