Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Object of my Affection

Thanks Joy for tagging me this time. This is one such tag, which gets a lot of ideas to the silly mind. Though it was all composed long before, it just took this long to come out.
The object of my affection is our car. She was hubby's first and was taken care off like a princess. I took my driving lessons with her. She accompanied me to interviews when i was jobless. She took me to work and back home. Be it the rainy, windy, snowy chicago she withstood them all. Every doctor visit be it ultrasound or just checkup was with her. She kept telling me all will be well. She took the pride of getting our first baby home. She with utmost happiness gave her princess crown to the little new comer then. She took her to the best of places and gave her the best of times to see the little giggle and smile on her face. She with all smiles brought the second baby home and tried to calm the quarrels. She meant so much more and today when attaching a price tag to her i felt bad. She is priceless and our very first princess. She is changing owners today and i just wish her luck....Here she is with pride

She is just going to be eight years old this september and her achievements are huge.
And now i tag a few more to express their affections and that will be :
Akshatha Kamath,
Poppins mom,
BangaloreMom
and anybody who likes to do one.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag ! I'm off tags right now, but will certainly do it if i get a chance. Please don't mind!

    You're a new blogger! Well see you around:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this pos took me back to our fiat when we were little. for some reason i was very attached to te car...

    *She meant so much more and today when attaching a price tag to her i felt bad. *...i sort of understand how u feel..

    as for good news? really sumana, at my age? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post.. oh yes car is such a prized possession isn't it.. and 8 years. wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I can understand. Strangely, it was not me who was possesive of cars. My dad used to love our first Ambassador car and would call it his daughter!!! and years later, when I got married, H used to like his first car, maybe because of so many experiences he had with it. Even after few years of giving it away, his eyes still brightens up when he sees the same model in the road and tries to figure out whether it was the same old car.

    Thanks for doing the tag. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8 yrs same car..cooll...Here for the first time..will read more
    Aryan's mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. @poppins:Thanks for dropping by. Do take your time.
    @TA: Age has nothing to do. just kidding..
    @preethi: I know it is.
    @joy: Can relate to uncle and H
    @aryan's mom: yup 8 years and she was fine for many more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by. I could relate here as we too have not sold our zen which is now 9 years old just because it was the first purchase made together

    ReplyDelete
  8. the feelings one undergoes when disposing off a car which had been ones possesion for long, becoming part of the family, is extremely diffucult to describe..but then thats life...
    TC
    CU

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cras can always hold such wonderful memories attached to it. I can understand how you feel too.
    By the way, whats with the long gap? No posts for a while? All ok?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @KS: Right the feelings are the same.
    @CU: Life, hmm not wrong
    @prats: Yup relocated to Bangalore from chicago and thus absconding from blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh..u in blore now?...wow...everyone i know in blog ville is in bangalore...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that a Toyota Camry?? If yes, then we have one too - in the SAME color!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reminds me.Joy had tagged me too.Will try to do it soon.Isn't it great that we love inanimate objects and they too become part of our existence?well written.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @TA: Yes in Bangalore now back for good.
    @gettingtherenow: It is a Honda Civic.
    @hhg: Yes Tough to get over attachments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you are busy unpacking and settling down but if you find time, do your tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AHH Thanks for reminding me J. I will. Have a lot of stuff to write, will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Sumana,

    Done with your tag and it was awesome fun. Thanks dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to comment